It is well known that drunk driving is dangerous and potentially fatal. The awareness programs and statistics around this, the leading cause of fatalities across the United States are prevalent. Yet, driving while intoxicated still occurs quite regularly. In 2014, over 10 million people said they drove while under the influence of drugs. The reasons individuals are still engaging in this highly risky behavior includes:
- They believe they can control themselves on drugs or alcohol
- They don’t feel like they have any other choice to get home
- They aren’t able to use appropriate judgment because of the level of their intoxication
- It isn’t their first time; they have done it in the past and if they haven’t been caught, they don’t think they will be
- They don’t care about the law
- They have no respect for their lives or those around them
Have your parents ever told you when you were younger that nothing good ever happens after midnight? There is some truth to it. Most drunk drivers are on the road between midnight and 4 a.m. In Las Vegas, there is no more common area than the glittery strip for drunk driving to occur and accidents of all sorts to result.
- Swerve into cars
- Drive on the wrong side of the road
- Drive with no lights or visibility
- Drive too closely for safety to other cars
- React slowly, as alcohol is a sedative for the nervous system
- Fall asleep behind the wheel
- Drive through stop signs and stop lights
- Drive onto curbs putting pedestrians at high risk
The more you can remember about a drunk driver’s behavior and the details of the accident the better for when the authorities arrive. This helps establish a significant record that can be used in court and help your claim when you file for personal injury compensation.
Professional Help from Injuries
As with any accident, you should always seek a qualified medical professional that is experienced in car accident injuries to assess your injuries. These professionals will be able to more accurately diagnose your damages and provide you with the right treatment plan to help you recover fully and quickly. If you aren’t sure where to find the right medical professional, the Nevada car accident attorneys at the Cottle Firm can help put you in contact with the right medical professionals for your situation.
A Nevada personal injury lawyer at the Cottle Firm can help you with your claim, answer your questions, and guide you through the entire process. We have decades of experience helping those in the state of Nevada who have been victimized by other’s negligence and have been injured as a result. There is a 2-year statute of limitations in the state to file a personal injury claim, so don’t let the aftermath of an accident overwhelm you to the point that you miss gathering your case and filing. The Cottle Firm’s Las Vegas personal injury attorneys can take care of all of the details for you so you can focus on healing. Call us today at 702-722-6111.